Attractions & Things to Do in South Haven
When planning your Lake Michigan vacation, remember “Location, location, location”. Inn at the Park is strategically located between the beach and town. Step out of our front door and go right 1½ blocks to Lake Michigan and left 1½ blocks to town. Then when you are ready to rest, your welcoming rooms are just minutes away.
- HarborFest in June includes the famous dragon boat races.
- Blueberry Festival every August – daily activities all, fireworks display, Art Fair in the Park (across the street from us), and well–known musicians performing in the RiverWalk outdoor amphitheater.
- Bangor Apple Harvest Fest – every October. Numerous events include a BBQ cook out and a Barn Harvest dance
- IceBreaker Festivals – Chili cook-offs throughout town, ice sculpturing contest, ice skating, and other events.
- Farmers’ Market every Wednesday and Saturday 9-2 AM. (Spring-Fall)
- RiverWalk Park Concert every Thursday night in summer
- Foundry Hall – a century-old building in the heart of downtown, extensively renovated in 2000-2001 from a former piston factory into a music hall and theatre.
- Michigan Maritime Museum -offers maritime exhibits, harbor walk map, and educational sessions.
- Friends Good Will Tall Ship – a replica of an 1810 topsail sloop, commissioned by and for the Michigan Maritime Museum. Offers summer sails three times daily, a pirate cruise, and charter sails.
- Kal-Haven Trail – along the Black River and over a covered bridge. A wide range of activities are available to trail users: biking, hiking, birding and horseback riding. Winter activities include cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling.
- Van Buren Trail – Biking or hiking south through Van Buren County parallel with Lake Michigan
- Golf – 10 area courses. Championship course like Hawk’s Head, an Arthur Hill course, or Ravines, a Palmer course, can challenge any golfing fanatic.
- Gingerman Raceway – Local and long distance racing hobbyists come to live their passions. Events have included guests such as Paul Newman and a recent movie filming location for “Blue Sky The Movie”.
- Bangor/South Haven Heritage Water Trail – a canoe and kayak trail encompassing 21 miles of the South Branch of the Black River between Bangor and South Haven in Van Buren County, Michigan, emptying out into Lake Michigan
- Wine Trail – 11 wineries offering tasting, tours, and other special events.
- Mistletoe Market – Late November / early December – Area merchants provide appetizers and pre-holiday savings, and a grand prize drawing of a sleigh of gifts from all the area merchants.